Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Project 2

FMX 213F PROJECT 2



During this project, I have come around multiple issues in the case of creating the model and having to split in half to be able to fit it in a printer. Therefore it would be printing 30 hours twice. This was only the easy part as 30 hours is a lot of room for mistakes to happen for example overheating, filament getting stuck, or the model not sticking to the platform


The video shows the process through what had to be done outside of creating the model. This is a clear definition of how many times things are really gonna fail.






 Printing process video




Process

The intention for the first model is for it to be able to be as a double use. A pencil holder and a phone holder. In front of the tilted platform is written relax in which can be placed a size of Samsung 8+ phone. Behind the placement of the phone, the person can slide pencil behind it as storage. On top, there is a pen-sized placement for pens and a whole for eraser or ink.

Through all of this, I have come through a moment in which things had to be changed as when it would be 3D printed the foundation for it would be too hard to take out.

As I wasn't sure if I was able to finish printing the first model, therefore, I needed to think of a second model as a back plan. The second model is a candle holder in an oval shape closed up from the top with patterns. While the candle would like up and closed there would, therefore, be circular patterns coming out.



The first couple of days 

Today is the first couple of day to brainstorm and create my model. My model is inspired by Industrial pencil holder which will hold my phone in front. I intend on making it look organic such as plants in which I could put the pencil through and different other things into it.


Halfway through

Through getting more knowledge of how Fusion 360 works I found out that making an organic material would be near impossible for the material I want to make with my experience




25th March : Today is the realization that I'm not able to do everything that I intended because that foundation is way to big and would too hard to pull off.

End of first model




Start of the second model



The most difficult problem that I accoutered was create the top piece for it. In which i had to create the bottom piece as a cutting tool to cut into the same shaped sphere.

End of the Second model














No comments:

Post a Comment